As India’s biggest space mission prepares to enter the Martian orbit, here are some important facts about the Mars Orbiter Mission
After Mars, it’s China for India, Kathakali for Isro chief
After the Mars mission, the Indian space agency will work together with Chinese space scientists to prepare a roadmap for a series of missions to be implemented together. Isro chief’s K Radhakrishnan’s tenure will come to an end by the time of 2014. The first three months of 2015 might see Radhakrishnan practice Kathakali.
US space agency Nasa was one of the first to congratulate Isro on its success. Prime Minister Narendra Modi gave a congratulatory speech highlighting the success and hardwork of the Isro scientists.
— NASA (@NASA) September 24, 2014
Cost: Rs 450 crore
Mission: To orbit around mars
Weight: 1,350 kg (mass at lift off)
Payloads on orbiter:
There are 5 scientific payloads on MOM:
The Methane Sensor for MARS (MSM)
Lyman Alpha Photometer (LAP)
MARS Colour Camera (MCC)
TIR imaging spectrometer (TIS)
November 5, 2013: Isro launched MOM on the trusted PSLV platform, in its 25th flight, from Sriharikota.
February 11, 2014: MOM completed 100 days in space.
April 9, 2014: MOM completes half the journey of the 299 days.
September 22, 2014: The main liquid engine was re-fired after the December 1, 2013 operation for the first time in 10 months, overcoming a great technological challenge.
September 24, 2014: It will be in the Martian orbit if all goes well.
12 Things That Are Sure To Make You Smile
1) Uncontrolled, gurgling, unfettered laughter. Doesn’t it feel amazing to see time stop for that second when you lost it all and just laughed to your heart’s delight?
2) Happy memories, crazy moments from the past. We’ve all been crazy and done crazy! Thinking about it and passing it on seems like a great idea to ensure everyone’s happy! (According to our survey, 6 per cent of the participants think revisiting past memories brings an instant smile on their faces!)
3) A happy baby. And you know, the baby needs no reason! (Guess what, 13.3 per cent felt that a smile is the most obvious response when you see babies and their cute little antics. Who wouldn’t?)
4) Smile on my parents’ face. It all seems to be worth it. Like they deserve it. (Almost 7 per cent of those who were part of our survey believed there’s nothing more satisfying than seeing our parents happy!)
5) Bunking work on a Monday. Let’s do some happy dance!
6) Old songs and your dear ones humming to its tunes. Ever thought you may not exactly have the most pleasing voice? WHO CARES! Sing away! Cease the day!
7) A big tight hug. Sure, it will make you happy. And happier if you weren’t particularly sad!
8) Flowers. You never ask for it. But you like it when you’re surprised and given one. Yeah?
9) Compliments and receiving greeting cards. Who doesn’t like some fancy way to say hello?
10) Finding a letter (not a mail) from a loved one in my email inbox. “Someone wants to talk to me!”
11) Back home from work and see my dog waiting at the doorstep. Bundle of joy, right there!
12) The pitter-patter of rain on the windowsill, doesn’t it make you smile from within? And, of course, the smell of earth after the downpour! Total bliss, no? (Almost 3 per cent of those who participated in the survey agreed!)
Ah, elder sisters! It’s sometimes better being an elder sister than being a princess. It always leaves a smile on our face to recollect those trivial fights we had and how suddenly we used to make up.
The memories may fade away with passing time, but the love we share will only grow. Here are some of the craziest experiences every sibling who has an elder sister have probably had.
1. You’ll always be the guinea pig, she’ll try things on you, makeup, dresses, hair etc.
2. Anything and everything will be used as a weapon of war
3. Fights over the remote – hair pulling, punches and shouting – someone has to cry
4. You’ll be the student of her makeshift classroom – while she plays the teacher
5. You’ll always be the Assistant to her weird experiments – cooking food, pranks, fun etc.
6. You need not worry about a career path – she’s there already to guide you. Been there, done that.
7. If you were a partner in a prank with your elder sister, then you’re safe. Elders get all the thrashing from parents!
8. You instantly become famous in middle school coz you know quite a few high school girls. All thanks to sis.
9. You get excited when a stranger questions, “Between both of you, which one is elder. You or her?”
10. You’ve been made to believe that you’re adopted. Admit it, you fell for it many times.
11. Permission required from parents? No probs, elder sis can convince. Bad news to tell parents? No probs, younger sibling
12. The best and the only babysitter you ever wanted.
13. You had immense pleasure simply by annoying the hell out of her!
14. But, at times, you also got overpowered, locked in a room (or bathroom) when things got messy
15. No matter what, she’ll always be the first, last & the best friend you ever had.
Goes without saying, she’ll always be there for you. Sometimes, you never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory. Wish your sister love today.
Whenever I Get Online.. I Open Up Ur Profile… Continuously Keep Staring At Ur Pics… Though Ur Not there In My Life…. 😦 But Always Be In My…
I can even Fly to the Higest Sky, I can even Dive into the Deepest Ocean, You’ll never know how much I’m Trained Without you That I can even Smile with Wet Eyes
Google generation Blog
It’s Google’s world, and we’re just living in it ✔
We are in Google generation…